Carniceria La Carreta is looking for Cashiers
Cashiers are responsible for recording sales transactions on the cash register(s) and providing general customer assistance by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive cash; charge and check transactions in accordance with procedures.
- Provide the customer with the appropriate receipt for each transaction.
- Provide and initiate assistance for customers as needed.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, take accurate messages, and direct telephone calls to the appropriate department/person(s).
- Maintain adequate stock of paper forms for their cash register area(s) and notify the department manager when additional supplies are needed.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Train new cashiers on approved company procedures and reinforce protocol.
- Balance cash drawer and total the currency sales each day.
- Place cash and transaction records into the safe in accordance with store procedures on a daily basis.
- Report any problem or discrepancies to the department manager or grocery manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Learn prices, stock shelves, mark prices, weigh items, issue trading stamps, and redeem foot stamps and coupons.
- Answer questions and provide information to customers.
- Bag, box, and/or wrap merchandise.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Monitor checkout stations, issue and remove cash as needed, and assign workers to reduce customer delay.
- Wash dishes, clean bathrooms, sweep, mop, and comply with any other janitorial duties assigned by management.
- Carry themselves with a sociable and friendly demeanor as a representative of the store in relation to customer and client interactions.
Note. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be able and willing to be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Demonstrate strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong written communicative skills.
- Demonstrate best practices when it comes to customer service and customer relations.
- Demonstrate strong currency aptitude.
- Demonstrate healthy organizational skills.
- Be willing to employ diplomacy in day-to-day occurrences.
- Demonstrate adequate mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrate strong reading and comprehension skills.
- Health insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Have an upbeat and personable demeanor on a daily basis.
- Be independently motivated (driven) and goal oriented.
- Be curious and passionate about their goals and life.
- Follow directions willingly and without question or attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior cashier experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply visit our Calloway location @ 3015 Calloway Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93312